PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE INQUIRY INFORMATION IN THE COMMENTS. I WILL NOT SEE THEM! PLEASE EMAIL ME OR USE MY CONTACT FORM.
1) HOW TO BOOK A PORTRAIT SESSION AND WHAT IS INCLUDED? Click on the contact section or shoot me an email for your desired date, pay session fee, read and sign portrait contract. Your session includes a 60-90 min session. Your online gallery with digital downloads will be available in approximately 2-4 weeks. Engagement sessions starting at $500. Family sessions starting at $650. Travel fees may apply.
2) WHAT DO WE WEAR? Family at home sessions: please be comfortable. I do NOT want you looking perfect. These sessions are relaxed so wear your favorite jeans and t-shirt & let the kids be kids. Engagement sessions: wear something you feel great in! It’s ok to wear patterns & layering always looks great! Bring comfortable shoes…we will walk A LOT. Also, if wearing heels, bring flats to walk in grassy areas & for comfort. Please think about having professional hair and makeup done. I know great artists that can help!
3) HOW DO I BOOK A WEDDING? Click on the contact form, fill out and submit. I’ll see if your date is available! If you choose me to tell the story of your day, I will send your contract just sign and return with your deposit. Once your deposit and signed contract are received your date is reserved (deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE) (Due to my current schedule, in person consults will be done in Lakeland or via Skype)
4) WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH WEDDING COVERAGE: Password protected online gallery to download un-watermarked high resolution images, print release (to make your own prints). Photo timeline consultation prior to wedding.
Albums, canvas, and prints may be purchased A la carte.
5) HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY ONLINE WEDDING GALLERY? 8-12 weeks
6) WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH TO CAPTURING OUR WEDDING? As much as possible, I try to be hands off to your story. I work best in non contrived candid moments. My goal is to capture connections of your day between yourselves, family, and friends.
7) DO YOU TRAVEL? Yes, some locations do require a travel fee. Passport ready! Destination weddings will be quoted on an individual basis.
8) DO YOU WORK WITH A 2ND PHOTOGRAPHER? Yes, all of my Storytelling Collections include a 2nd shooter.
9) WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU TAKE? Check, cash, money order, & credit/debit.
10) COMMON WEDDING FAQ:
Q: Do you mainly do wedding photography? A: Yes
Q: How many weddings have you done? A: Close to 200…I’ve lost count 😉
Q: How many weddings/shoots do you do in 1 weekend? A: Depends on the season, but no more than 2 & not on the same day 🙂
Q: What are your favorite kind of weddings, situations? A: favorite weddings- laid back with lots of joy &love
Q: How would you describe your primary style? A: candid, organic, & authentic
Q: What do you think distinguishes your style from others? A: see previous question 🙂
Q: How would you describe your way of working? A: laid back observer
Q: Have you been to the property before? Plan on visiting beforehand? A: If I haven’t shot your venue, it’s no biggie! I love shooting at new places! Light dictates what locations at your venue I choose to shoot. Since, light varies daily, it isn’t necessary for venue visits.
Q: When doing the wedding party photographs & bride/groom – do you give a lot of instruction, or how do you approach the posed photographs? A: wedding party I always give instruction. Bride & Groom depends on their connection.
Q: Do you like to receive a shot list? A: only for family formals
Q: How would you and a 2nd photographer tag team? A: depends on logistics of the day
Q: How would you select a 2nd photographer? A: similar shooting style and experienced
Q: If the event were to run over, would you stay there? Would there be extra charges? A: Yes, I will stay & there is an hourly fee
Q: Do you color correct all photos you provide? A: Yes
Q: How many are in black & white? Shot in color? A: my clients receive a gallery in color and black & white
Q: What if you were to get ill? How would we proceed? A: I would find a replacement with the same skill level and I would edit the images.
Q: Do you have liability insurance? A: yes
Q: What type of attire do you wear? A: dress or pants
Q: Do you have a contract you will provide? A: yes
Q: Do we receive the copyrights to the photos? A: No.The photographer owns the copyright to the images. The client receives a print release to print their images with their own print company of their choosing. Watermarked images are resized for web & are provided to the client for use on social media outlets (these are not for printing purposes). This link maybe helpful in explaining copyright: http://www.ppa.com/about/content.cfm?ItemNumber=1720 If any of these do not answer your question, shoot me an email!
Q: Do you work from a list? A: NO. In order to get candid non-contrived moments, I’ve found it difficult to check a list and be fully engaged with your story. This leads to missed moments. Don’t worry, I get all the standard shots too!