1) HOW TO BOOK A PORTRAIT SESSION AND WHAT IS INCLUDED? Click on the contact section or shoot me an email for your desired date, pay session fee ($500), read and sign portrait contract. Your session includes a 60-90 min session. Your online gallery with digital downloads will be available in approximately 2-4 weeks. Engagement sessions starting at $500. Family sessions starting at $650. Travel fees may apply.
2) WHAT DO WE WEAR? Family at home sessions: please be comfortable. I do NOT want you looking perfect. These sessions are relaxed so wear your favorite jeans and t-shirt & let the kids be kids. Engagement sessions: wear something you feel great in! It’s ok to wear patterns & layering always looks great! Bring comfortable shoes…we will walk A LOT. Also, if wearing heels, bring flats to walk in grassy areas & for comfort. Please think about having professional hair and makeup done. I know great artists that can help!
3) HOW DO I BOOK A WEDDING? Click on the contact form, fill out and submit. I’ll see if your date is available! If you choose me to tell the story of your day, I will send your contract just sign and return with your deposit. Once your deposit and signed contract are received your date is reserved (deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE) (Due to my current schedule, in person consults will be done in Lakeland or via Skype)
4) WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH WEDDING COVERAGE: Password protected online gallery to download un-watermarked high resolution images, print release (to make your own prints). Photo timeline consultation prior to wedding.
Albums, canvas, and prints may be purchased A la carte.
5) HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY ONLINE WEDDING GALLERY? 8-12 weeks
6) WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH TO CAPTURING OUR WEDDING? As much as possible, I try to be hands off to your story. I work best in non contrived candid moments. My goal is to capture connections of your day between yourselves, family, and friends.
7) DO YOU TRAVEL? Yes, some locations do require a travel fee. Destination weddings will be quoted on an individual basis.
8) DO YOU WORK WITH A 2ND PHOTOGRAPHER? Yes, all of my Storytelling Collections include a 2nd shooter.
9) WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU TAKE? Check, cash, money order, & credit/debit.
10) COMMON WEDDING FAQ:
Q: Do you mainly do wedding photography? A: Yes
Q: How many weddings have you done? A: Close to 200…I’ve lost count 😉
Q: How many weddings/shoots do you do in 1 weekend? A: Depends on the season, but no more than 2 & not on the same day 🙂
Q: What are your favorite kind of weddings, situations? A: favorite weddings- laid back with lots of joy &love
Q: How would you describe your primary style? A: candid, organic, & authentic
Q: What do you think distinguishes your style from others? A: see previous question 🙂
Q: How would you describe your way of working? A: laid back observer
Q: Have you been to the property before? Plan on visiting beforehand? A: If I haven’t shot your venue, it’s no biggie! I love shooting at new places! Light dictates what locations at your venue I choose to shoot. Since, light varies daily, it isn’t necessary for venue visits.
Q: When doing the wedding party photographs & bride/groom – do you give a lot of instruction, or how do you approach the posed photographs? A: wedding party I always give instruction. Bride & Groom depends on their connection.
Q: Do you like to receive a shot list? A: only for family formals
Q: How would you and a 2nd photographer tag team? A: depends on logistics of the day
Q: How would you select a 2nd photographer? A: similar shooting style and experienced
Q: If the event were to run over, would you stay there? Would there be extra charges? A: Yes, I will stay & there is an hourly fee
Q: Do you color correct all photos you provide? A: Yes
Q: How many are in black & white? Shot in color? A: my clients receive a gallery in color and black & white
Q: What if you were to get ill? How would we proceed? A: I would find a replacement with the same skill level and I would edit the images.
Q: Do you have liability insurance? A: yes
Q: What type of attire do you wear? A: dress or pants
Q: Do you have a contract you will provide? A: yes
Q: Do we receive the copyrights to the photos? A: No.The photographer owns the copyright to the images. The client receives a print release to print their images with their own print company of their choosing. Watermarked images are resized for web & are provided to the client for use on social media outlets (these are not for printing purposes). This link maybe helpful in explaining copyright: http://www.ppa.com/about/content.cfm?ItemNumber=1720 If any of these do not answer your question, shoot me an email!
Q: Do you work from a list? A: NO. In order to get candid non-contrived moments, I’ve found it difficult to check a list and be fully engaged with your story. This leads to missed moments. Don’t worry, I get all the standard shots too!